Date:      Thu, 25 Oct 2007 23:48:52 +0200
From:      Ulrich Spoerlein <uspoerlein@gmail.com>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenLDAP 2.3/pam_ldap/nss_ldap: not working in FreeBSD 7.0-PRE!

On Sun, 21.10.2007 at 18:26:55 +0200, O. Hartmann wrote:
> At this point it seems senseless to try out what's going wrong and I need
> some hints or tipps. I read about others successfully running OpenLDAP on
> FBSD 6 and 5, but no one seems running OpenLDAP based services on FBSD 7.

I do. It's working just fine ...

> P.S. If someone wants me to offer config details and/or log excerpts, please
> contact me.

Well, we/I would need your ldap.conf, nss_ldap.conf (should be a link to
ldap.conf) and slapd.conf, as well as pam.d stuff and nsswitch.conf.
Some actual error messages would be fine too.

Your should run tcpdump in some window to actuall see what's going on.
It also helps to turn on massive debugging in slapd.conf and tail(1)ing
/var/log/debug.log

I'm running the following versions on 7-CURRENT from 30. September

nss_ldap-1.256
openldap-sasl-client-2.3.38
openldap-server-2.3.38
pam_ldap-1.8.2

Cheers,
Ulrich Spoerlein
--
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool,
than to speak, and remove all doubt.