Date:      Mon, 05 Mar 2001 12:31:31 +0000
From:      Greg MATTHEWS <G.Matthews@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
To:        Tim Erlin <tperlin@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fBSD 4.2-STABLE not detecting ed0

tim..

i have no trouble with the DE220 and i have upgraded to 4.2-stable too.
originally i found that the irq was clashing so altho the card appeared it was
unusable. are you using a GENERIC kernel? are you configuring irq and mem in
the boot config file? the irq should be the same as before as these cards are
not plug and play. if you need to change the settings you'll have to get the
dos utility from the dlink site (should be enough to just boot into dos from a
boot disk andthen run the util).

hope this helps

GREG