Date:      Wed, 3 Oct 2001 12:57:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        "Don L. Belcher" <don@siad.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3Com Megahertz 3CXEM556 B ep0: eeprom failed to come ready

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Warner Losh wrote:
> In message <3BBA53DD.4B9D678@siad.net> "Don L. Belcher" writes:
> : I am trying to get this card to work with an old portable (Megahertz
> : 3CXEM556 B)
> : I have tried various ports and interrupts with no success.  Some of the
> : messages seem to indicate that some 3com cards have an internal PNP flag. If
> : this is the case how would I turn it off?
>
> I've never been able to get my 556 card to work for me :-(.  Please
> let me know if you find a way.

It appears that NetBSD doesn't poll the EEPROM status register to check if
the EEPROM is busy; it relies on a fixed delay().

Add the following code to if_ep.c:eeprom_rdy() before the code that is
there.

	delay(1000);
	return (1);

See if that works...

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |