Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2000 18:23:40 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        johan.andersson@combindweb.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installation...

> > Near as I can tell the Adaptec 7896/7 chips are just ultra2 scsi
> > controllers.
>
> Hmm... you can have right there.
> The thing is that: I dont realy know
> The webserver is a noname, built in a rack.
>
> I just phoned the person that built the mashine, and he said something about AMI Express or something.

Well, if he said something about AMI express, maybe you need to go find
out something about "AMI Express".

> Do you know if this card works?

Yes.

Some hints:

 - Configure the RAID controller.
 - Install FreeBSD 4.2 or later.
 - If you have problems, remember that the quality of answer you get
   is going to be largely determined by the quality of the information
   that you provide.