Date:      Thu, 21 May 1998 09:25:20 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        jgrosch@superior.mooseriver.com
Cc:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, fpawlak@execpc.com, kline@tera.tera.com, freebsd@atipa.com, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Enough already!

> What is really pissing me off about this entire thread is all of you have
> missed the fact this this is a golden opportunity to advance FreeBSD. In case
> you have not noticed, FreeBSD is in microsoft's cross-hairs.

I strongly agree with Joseph here . The DOJ and Distric Attornies are opening
a window of opportunity for alternative solutions . I think that the
DOJ should spell it out to the FreeBSD , linux , Be or any other OS . In
fact let me try to spell it out :
T.h.i.s i.s y.o.u.r g.o.l.d.e.n o.p.p.o.r.t.u.n.i.t.y G.o. f.o.r. i.t. . F.o.r.
I d.o.n.'t k.n.o.w h.o.w l.o.n.g w.i.l.l I b.e a.b.l.e t.o h.o.l.d o.f.f
M.i.c.r.o.s.o.f.t

> At the last BAFUG meeting I had a conversation with the head tech person at
> a large ISP here in the bay area know for it's use of FreeBSD. He told me
> the story of how microsoft was putting serious pressure on ISPs to drop
> Unix in general and switch to NT. microsoft was at the same time going
> behind this ISP's back and telling their suppliers and major customers that
> this ISP was switching to NT and when were they (the customer) going to
> switch to NT. microsoft was then telling this large ISP that all of the
> ISP's customers were switching to NT and the customers wanted to know when
> was the ISP going to switch. I have heard this from other people and other
> ISPs.

For starters , any large FreeBSD ISP who is approached by microsoft with
bullshit lines like above should forward a complain to the DOJ or to
a Friendly District Attorney for your local District Attoney may be
siding with Microsoft.

	Amancio