Date:      Tue, 29 Dec 1998 22:50:31 +1100 (EST)
From:      Shigetoh Kumagai <shigetoh@zip.com.au>
To:        Leo Kliger <leo@astea.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Console frozen when X-server exited

Leo,
Thanks again for your mail.

On Tue, 29 Dec 1998, Leo Kliger wrote:

> mmm.... that's a pain...... have you tried killing the process via your
> telnet session???

Yes, I killed the shell on ttyv0, and obviously I am no longer logged in
at ttyv0. I found that I can login in back, but any my typing and response
from shell, etc. is _invisible_.

As Greg said in earlier mail, X probably did not reset the console and
switch it back to virtual console terminals when X exits  out of swap.