Date:      Sat, 23 Apr 2011 18:14:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        rc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rc scripts change for review

> So can you say a little more about what you're trying to accomplish?
> It's not clear to me why instead of doing this:
>
> + if ! sysctl vfs.newnfs >/dev/null 2>&1; then
> + force_depend nfssrv || return 1
> + fi
>
> you would not just do this:
>
> + if ! sysctl vfs.newnfs >/dev/null 2>&1; then
> + load_kld nfsd
> + fi

Ok, I just tried this and it didn't work. I don't know why? The
kld_load doesn't complain about failure and when I check after
it's booted, the module is loaded. However, the sysctls complain
about unknown oid, so it isn't loaded in time for them, maybe?
(Anyway, the nfssrv trick seems to work.)

rick