Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:59:39 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        John Marshall <John.Marshall@riverwillow.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New portmaster with -o and other fixes

John Marshall wrote:
> Doug Barton wrote:
>>   New Feature
>>   ===========
>>   --clean-distfiles[-all] options to check /usr/ports/distfiles for
>>   stale stuff, and either offer to delete them or delete them all
>>   without prompting.
>
> Thanks for this New Feature Doug! It's almost exactly what I have been
> meaning to ask for. A couple of enhancement requests...
>
> 1. Could it please use DISTDIR if defined in /etc/make.conf

Yeah, that's easily done. I have it in the other distfile cleaning
routine, I just forgot to add it here. Thanks for pointing it out.

> 2. Could it please have an option to clean distfiles for ALL (rather
> than just installed) ports (cf. 'portsclean -D' and 'portsclean -DD')

It's already doing what -DD does. I'll give some thought to doing what
-D does. The method I'm using to make the cleaning fast and efficient
scales ok up to a couple thousand ports (more than I think most users
would have installed) but I doubt it would scale well up to 16k or
more. :)

Doug