Date:      17 Feb 1999 15:57:13 +0100
From:      Benedikt Stockebrand <bs@adimus.de>
To:        Roland Jesse <jesse@prinz-atm.cs.uni-magdeburg.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers Mail List <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Makefile: >1 program without a single target each.

Roland Jesse <jesse@prinz-atm.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De> writes:

> Just in case, I want to build the whole thing not only on my FreeBSD
> machine but on some SGIs, too: What kind of make is BSD make exactly? It
> does not seem to be pmake, it is for sure not GNU make. Is there an
> archiv if its source code available (besides /usr/src/usr.bin/make/)?

I've once made a binary for Linux doing a "make -n" in
/usr/src/usr.bin/make on a FreeBSD box, sending the output to a file
and then ran that file as a shell script on the Linux box.  Afterwards
I copied /usr/share/mk from FreeBSD to the Linux box and was done.

Yes, it's ugly.  But it was either that or rewriting a 1000 lines
Makefile for gmake.

So long,

    Ben

--
      Benedikt Stockebrand        Adimus Beratungsgesellschaft für System-
System Administration & Design,    und Netzwerkadministration mbH & Co KG