Date:      Sat, 23 Oct 1999 14:31:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NOTE NOTE NOTE:Re: does anybody but me (..vgrinds forever...)

On Sat, 23 Oct 1999, Matthew Dillon wrote:

> :It really is vgring hanging on a file:
> :
> :vgrind -f < /usr/src/share/doc/papers/kernmalloc/appendix.t > appendix.ms
> :
> :A plain vgrind -f on this file also hangs. Anyone have a clue on this?
> :
> :This happens for me on an alpha.
> :
> :-matt
>
>     The vgrind command above does not hang on my PIII test box.  It takes
>     about a second to run.  I tried both an old binary and a new binary of
>     vgrind.  Both worked.
>
>     I recommend compiling vgrind up w/ full debugging and attaching a
>     debugger to it to see what is up.

Not an executable... but I finally figured it out... Pipes possibly broken
as set up by csh- csh was an old (Oct 1) csh. Until I updated csh from the
current build tree, what actually was happening was vfontedpr was piping
to 'cat -'.... and this was hanging..... Wierd city, but all better now I
believe... possibly related to the signal changes(?)....

-matt