Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2013 10:42:16 -0400
From:      Mark Saad <nonesuch@longcount.org>
To:        FreeBSD-Stable ML <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   netisr issues

All
 I am looking for some guidance on how to turn netisr back on, on a
9.1-RELEASE and 9.1-STABLE box. It looks it stopped working as it did in
prior versions of FreeBSD .
I tested this on 9.1-RELEASE and  9.1-STABLE #0 r247804 built last monday.

My question is this. If I enable the direct option in boot/loader.conf via
this

net.isr.direct="1"
net.isr.direct_force="1"

I do not get any expected result.

root@chambers:~ # sysctl net.isr.direct
net.isr.direct: 0
root@chambers:~ # sysctl net.isr.direct_force
net.isr.direct_force: 0

root@chambers:~ # netstat -Q
Configuration:
Setting                        Current        Limit
Thread count                         1            1
Default queue limit                256        10240
Dispatch policy                 direct          n/a
Threads bound to CPUs         disabled          n/a

Am I missing something ?

--
mark saad | nonesuch@longcount.org