Date:      Sun, 10 Feb 2002 18:08:07 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        silby@silby.com
Cc:        jhanna@shaw.ca, vs3volod@yahoo.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, Karl.Dietz@triplan.com, winter@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ping: sendto: No buffer space available

In message: <20020210185451.Y29546-100000@patrocles.silby.com>
            Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com> writes:
:
: On Sat, 9 Feb 2002, Jonathan Hanna wrote:
:
: >
: > This looks like the bug in the "ep" driver. When the interrupt routine
: > gets both TX and RX interrupts it acknowledges both but only services
: > the read. Karl Dietz, <Karl.Dietz@TRIPLAN.com> is working on an overhaul
: > but my quick fix is to take out the "continue" after the "epread()" in
: > ep_intr(). The buffer talked about is actually the ep queue being full.
: >
: > --- if_ep.c     Fri Feb  1 19:51:43 2002
: > +++ if_ep.c.fix Sat Feb  9 12:49:31 2002
: > @@ -571,7 +571,6 @@
: >
: >         if (status & (S_RX_COMPLETE | S_RX_EARLY)) {
: >             epread(sc);
: > -           continue;
: >         }
: >         if (status & S_TX_AVAIL) {
: >             /* we need ACK */
:
: If this fix is solid, should it be applied now to the ep driver?  Should
: we wait until the driver merge is complete?  I don't own any cards that
: use the ep chipset, but if that change fixes bugs for multiple ep users I
: wouldn't be opposed to committing it for you.

I have ep ISA and PC Card devices.  I can take the point on testing
it.  I figure that at least the PC Card should be tested.

Also, Matt Dodd should also be contacted about the ep driver.  He was
the maintainer of the ep driver for a long time.

Warner