Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 1997 23:07:27 -0700
From:      "Reginald S. Perry" <reggie@aa.net>
To:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Its arrived

    Gary> This is something I've heard echoed from
    Gary> friends. Linux/Alpha is fine for desktop machines that you
    Gary> can crash regularly, but don't expect it to have long
    Gary> uptimes. Even tho they hated it, they went back to DUX for
    Gary> production (they complained about not being able to tune it
    Gary> enough).

This is interesting. If you are running DUX 4.0x, you can use the
kernel tune application. I think its called dxkerneltune(r). I always
find it by looking in the monitoring/tunning folder in the CDE
Application Manager.

The app makes available just about every adjustable variable in the
kernel. The only think I dont like is that it still requires a reboot
for them to take.

-Reggie