Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 2001 11:41:09 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        Lu!s Croker <lcroker@megared.net.mx>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail Error 451 !

In the last episode (Jan 29), Lu!s Croker said:
> Hi anybody know a sendmail errors list ?? I have an error in the mail
> server... when I sent a mail with an attachment (file big more or
> less), the mail come back... and the daemon said me this... Any Idea
> ???

Sendmail "classic" error codes are listed in RFC821, at
www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc821.html

451 is "Requested action aborted; error in processing"

If the file was too big, you would have gotten a 452 "insufficient
system storage" error.  Contact the postmaster at the receiving end and
have them fix their mailer.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com