Date:      Sun, 19 Jul 2009 10:10:22 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Glen Barber <glen.j.barber@gmail.com>
Cc:        Brett Wiggins <s0x7c0@netspace.net.au>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: scontrib

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 03:59:30 -0400, Glen Barber <glen.j.barber@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since it has booted fine, you can also obtain the source from the SVN
> tree[1], assuming you can get devel/subversion to build on such an old
> version.

It's no problem to install cvsup-without-gui from ports or use
the csup utility (I think it was already present in 5.2) to use
the

	# make update

way from within /usr/src - with correctly setup supfiles, of
course, but that's quite easy.

Put this into /etc/make.conf:

	SUP_UPDATE=yes
	SUP=/usr/bin/csup
	SUPFLAGS=-g -L 2
	SUPHOST=cvsup.freebsd.org
	SUPFILE=/etc/sup/standard.sup

Or change the SUP line, if you've installed cvsup-without-gui to

	SUP=/usr/local/bin/cvsup

Then create /etc/sup directory and create the following standard.sup
file (which controls what will be subject to update):

	*default host=cvsup.freebsd.org
	*default base=/var/db
	*default prefix=/usr
	*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_5_2_0
	*default delete use-rel-suffix
	*default compress
	src-all

You can change cvsup.freebsd.org into a mirror near you. Check the
correct setting for RELENG_5_2_0 (equals 5.2-RELEASE, if I see this
correctly) or any other version you want to obtain (such as 5.2 with
security patches, latest of 5.x, generally latest).

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany
Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0