Date:      Wed, 29 May 1996 18:55:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Branson Matheson <branson@longstreet.larc.nasa.gov>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   PPP and 2.2-Snap 5-1-96

 Hrm.. I am getting somthing really weird.

 I upgraded my 2.1-stable machine to 2.2-snap 5.1.96 and now I am
having networking problems. I use tun0 ppp and connect as usuall.. and
it says that I am connected, and the route comes up correctly.. but
when I try to connect I am getting: ( from ktrace )

   339 telnet   RET   write 23/0x17
   339 telnet   CALL  socket(0x2,0x1,0)
   339 telnet   RET   socket 3
   339 telnet   CALL  getuid
   339 telnet   RET   getuid 0
   339 telnet   CALL  setuid(0)
   339 telnet   RET   setuid 0
   339 telnet   CALL  setsockopt(0x3,0,0x3,0x10324,0x4)
   339 telnet   RET   setsockopt 0
   339 telnet   CALL  connect(0x3,0xefbfd80c,0x10)
   339 telnet   RET   connect -1 errno 13 Permission denied
   339 telnet   CALL  writev(0x2,0xefbfd7a8,0x4)
   339 telnet   GIO   fd 2 wrote 60 bytes
       "telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Permission denied

 This happens weather using ping, telnet or anything else. I have lost
my connectivity from home so anything that would be helpful would be
nice. I am having to use tip for this ( ugh )

 -branson
branson matheson    |     branson@widomaker.com
Ferguson SysAdmin   |      http://widomaker.com/~branson