Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 1997 00:39:46 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jim Bryant <jbryant@argus>
To:        durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us (Jim Durham)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: floppy disks

In reply:
> Chuck Robey wrote:
> (snip!)
> > floppy into the drive, do a DIR.  I take that floppy out, put another one

[snip]

> (Also, control-c should reset it on DOS without all the grief).8)

I thought that was for CP/M ???!!!  At least the CP/M on my old Vector
5005 S-100 box used to do it that way on a disk change :^)

[three terminals, 192k bank-switched [16k x 1's], multi-user CP/M,
three serial ports, Centronics port, 16 [hard] sectored 5.25" floppy
drive, ST-506 hard drive [whopping 5 Megs!], 18 S-100 slots,
well-filtered power supply with a transformer bigger than most US Navy
anchors, on a blazing fast Z80B running a steamy 6 MHz]!!!

jim
--
All opinions expressed are mine, if you   | "I will not be pushed, stamped,
think otherwise, then go jump into turbid | briefed, debriefed, indexed, or