Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 1998 16:26:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        Rajappa Iyer <rsi@earthling.net>
Cc:        current <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Building EGCS. What am I missing?

On 30 Jan 1998, Rajappa Iyer wrote:

> "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net> writes:
>
> > >Linux: The Microsoft Windows(tm) of the Unix(tm) world.
> >
> > As someone who works daily with different versions of "Windows" which
> > differ greatly, let me assure you that Linux is the Windows 95 of the
> > Unix world.
>
> This kind of sniping is uncalled for, IMHO... especially in a list
> where Linux users / developers are unlikely to be present. If you must
> criticize Linux, please do so specifically and constructively.

I'd like to comment here.  I agree somewhat.  To the people who feel
compelled to comment on my signature, I'd appreciate personal replies,
that aren't cc'd to hundreds of people.  If you'd rather comment to the
whole list, please snip the excess cc's as I'm sure Jordan really doesn't
need extra copies of this discussion. Either way, I'm not going to even
pretend to have an impartial, unbiased opinion.  However if one of my
signatures offends you horribly I'd gladly change it.

- alex