Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 2000 21:46:07 -0500
From:      "Simara" <simara@mail.cyberlink.com.pe>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Weird Install Freeze

I have the following problem installing FreeBSD 4.0 on a ATT Laptop (486
16MB of Ram)
Network Install from FTP in Internal Network
(PCCard 3Com Etherlink II 589D I think is the number of the adapter at
10baseT):

First It just wont get a DHCP address (No matter I specify one and it works,
but It should get It, I have another FBSD box the same release that gets its
IP ),
I select the standard minimal installation and it starts installing and
copying but suddenly with no reason at all the copy stops (no sign of system
crash, TCP/IP still up), the console 2 doesn't show any debug or crash and
the console 4 works and pings most of the network, It just plain stops
copying at a random point (Tested with 3 different FTP servers Internally,
the FTP logs doesn't show any abnormal termination and the session is
active)

What can I do? any problems related with this specific PCMCIA card?,
any other thing I could do to debug or find why it just plain stops
copying???

Thanks a lot,

Alexandre Le Bienvenu