Date:      Thu, 26 Jun 1997 02:07:37 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        talfaro@erps.k12.mi.us
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help

>  I am a Trustee of the Eaton Rapids Public Schools.  I had an employee
> install your program on our unix but he is no longer working for us.  I
> do not know the login and password.  What can I do to over come this?
> Thanks for your help, Tony Alfaro

Shut the machine down by  pressing CTL-ALT-DEL, and when it starts
up again, type -s at the boot prompt:

Boot: -s

It will ask you what shell you want (just press return).  You can
then remount your disks and change passwords:

# mount -u -a -t nonfs
# passwd someone

--
Brian <brian@awfulhak.org>, <brian@freebsd.org>