Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 2000 16:57:11 -0500
From:      Gerd Knops <gerti@bitart.com>
To:        Andy Farkas <andyf@speednet.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG

Andy Farkas wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Jun 2000, Gerd Knops wrote:
>
> > I administer about 40 FreeBSD systems remotely, meaning they are
> > far away, and the people at the location (if there even are any)
> > usually are not experienced at all with Unix.
>
> I have a stupid question:  do you get 40 'daily reports' plus 40 more
> 'security reports' every day?  If so, do you read them, or just
> d,d,d,d,d,d,d,d.....?

Well, actually that is exactly the kind of questions that would be
interesting to discuss. How do people deal with that? As you describe?
Or shut down the messages in the first place? Or come up with some
intelligent script that compares the output to expected data and only
reports when something seems out of the ordinary?

Gerd