Date:      Mon, 31 Dec 2001 19:12:21 -0500
From:      Mike Poor <p00r0ne@digitz.org>
To:        Simon Dick <simond@irrelevant.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATI Mobility hell

Simon,

thanks for sending on the config file.  I tried it out (i.e. placed it in the
root directory and in /etc/X11 and ran startx and got the same orig results
(black screen freeze).  Aaaah!

Anyhow, thanks for trying.

On my linux side (same laptop), the probed horizontal sync rate is 30-110Khz
and the vertical refresh is 60-110hz.

Laptop: PCG-FX210
The chipset: ATI Rage Mobility
Memory: 8192 Kb
Ramdac ATI Mach64 integrated 15/16/24/32-bit DAC w/clock (with 6-bit wide
lookup tables (or in 6-bit mode))(programmable for 6/8-bit wide lookup
tables).

thanks again,

Mike