Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2012 15:52:49 +0200
From:      Olivier Smedts <olivier@gid0.org>
To:        "Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng." <lkchen@ksu.edu>
Cc:        Alberto Villa <avilla@freebsd.org>, ports@freebsd.org, Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@nsu.ru>
Subject:   Re: CFT: x11/nvidia-driver major update to 304.xx series

2012/9/26 Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng. <lkchen@ksu.edu>:
> So, now that its in the wild...I upgraded...and it broke my dual monitor =
desktop (at work).  Seems like gdm/gnome can't see the other monitor.  Trie=
d rebuilding a bunch of other things, but didn't help.  Reverting to previo=
us (295.71) has things working again.  Wonder what people will do for portd=
owngrade when CVS goes away.

Are you setting the dual screen up in /etc/X11/xorg.conf, at home and
at work ? Is yes, how ? With last nvidia drivers you can use xrandr
instead of twinview.

--=20
Olivier Smedts                                                 _
                                        ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
e-mail: olivier@gid0.org        - against HTML email & vCards  X
www: http://www.gid0.org    - against proprietary attachments / \

  "Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
  ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
  et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."