Date:      Mon, 27 May 2002 17:07:24 -0400
From:      Pete Fritchman <petef@databits.net>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Joachim_Str=F6mbergson?= <watchman@ludd.luth.se>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Have a port to submit, but send-pr fails "mysteriously"

++ 27/05/02 22:50 +0200 - Joachim Strömbergson:
| Aloha!
|
| Could someone possibly give me some help? I have created a port of an
| EDA-tool (should go into the CAD-section) called gtkwave. I have tried
| to submit the port using the send-pr command. But so far no success.
|
| Since the web interface strongly suggests that code shouldn't be
| cut&paste into the web interface and I can't seem to get the send-pr
| command to work, I'm stuck.

Is there anywhere you could upload the .shar file & give a link to it in
the PR?  It's not optimal, but it will do. :)  (A lot of us have
off-line copies of the gnats databases cvsup'd locally for offline
work).

| What happens when I use send-pr is that I fill in the form and hit "s"
| for sending the pr. A few seconds goes and then I get:
|
| <quote>
| js@fetis2.ninja.se:/home/js>send-pr
| s)end, e)dit or a)bort? s
| /home/js/dead.letter... Saved message in /home/js/dead.letter
| send-pr: mysterious mail failure.
| send-pr: the problem report remains in /tmp/pbad.W0gY9Igm and is not sent.
| </quote>
|
| I can agree with the command on one thing - it's mysterious to me too! ;-)
|
| I have ventured a guess though. It might (probably has) something to do
| with my connection. I'm connected with cable modem to the net and use
| DHCP for setting gateway etc. Since I download all my mail from the ISP
| and use the ISP SMTP-server for delivery, I don't run any mail server on
| my own system and haven't defined any external either. (All settings are
| in the mail program).

Hmm, yes, this is probably the issue.  You can setup sendmail to just
forward all mail to another smtp server, poke around in /etc/mail I
suppose.

--pete

--
Pete Fritchman [petef@(databits.net|freebsd.org|csh.rit.edu)]