Date:      Sat, 8 Jan 2005 00:13:15 +0100
From:      Ulrich Spoerlein <q@uni.de>
To:        Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: teTeX 2.99.8 patch

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO

On Thu, 06.01.2005 at 21:18:59 +0900, Hiroki Sato wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
>  I made patches to update teTeX related ports to support the upcoming
>  teTeX-3.0 (as of writing, it is still at the second release candidate,
>  2.99.8).  The patches are available from:
>=20
>   http://people.allbsd.org/~hrs/FreeBSD/teTeX3.diff.gz
>=20
>  Although patches for other ports which are not included in
>  this file (such as additional macros, typically print/latex-*) are also
>  needed, popular macro sets in the teTeX distribution should work.
>  If anyone interested, please test them and let me know if they work or
>  not.  Thanks.

Not much luck here, first of all, I noticed, that teTeX-base now depends
on texihtml, however you are passing these CONFIGURE_ARGS:
+               --without-texinfo \
+               --without-texi2html \

So is texihtml necessary or not?

The pkg-plist change for teTeX-texmf seems excessive. Is 1MB diff really
necessary?

But lets do the runtime errors I encountered (just some quick tests). I
patch my ports-tree, ran make index, then portupgrade teTeX\* dvipsk-tetex

o xdvi is complaining:
xdvi: Warning: Unable to find "xdvi.cfg"!
Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion
Warning: Cannot convert string "fixed" to type FontSet

ktracing shows, that it tries to open ./xdvi.cfg, then $HOME/texmf/xdvi/
and then ./xdvi.cfg again.

o pdftex and pdflatex are gone (are pdfetex and pdfelatex the
replacements?)

o pdfelatex can't find any fonts:
gsftopk: fatal: map file `psfonts_t1.map' not found.
mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for phvbo8r.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.

Warning: pdfelatex (file phvbo8r): Font phvbo8r at 662 not found

o dvips won't work
dvips -Ppdf atg.dvi
This is dvips(k) 5.94b Copyright 2004 Radical Eye Software (www.radicaleye.=
com)
' TeX output 2005.01.08:0003' -> atg.ps
dvips: ! Couldn't find header file tex.pro
*** Error code 1

o at least latex and xdvi work (modulo annoying warnings)

So, what went wrong?

Ulrich Spoerlein
--=20
 PGP Key ID: F0DB9F44				Encrypted mail welcome!
Fingerprint: F1CE D062 0CA9 ADE3 349B  2FE8 980A C6B5 F0DB 9F44
Ok, which part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."
didn't you understand?

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO--