Date:      Wed, 09 Feb 2000 21:54:30 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Thierry Herbelot <herbelot@cybercable.fr>
Cc:        Kris Kirby <kris@hiwaay.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCI IDE Controller (HPT-366) supported?

Thierry Herbelot wrote:

> The new IDE driver (ata) from the soon-to-become-Stable 4.0 supports the
> HPT366 :

That is incorrect. While HPT-366 is supported on 4.0-CURRENT, 4.0 is not
becoming -STABLE anytime soon. What's happening is that a -RELEASE of
4.0 will be made soon. The transition of the 4.x from -CURRENT to
-STABLE will happen later this year.

Or so I was led to believe by our Release Engineer. :-)

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"If you consider our help impolite, you should see the manager."