Date:      Tue, 11 Mar 2003 10:01:11 -0600
From:      itchibahn <freebsd@isot.com>
To:        Stephen Hilton <nospam@hiltonbsd.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Upgrading from 3.3

I appreciate all the valuable advices from everyone.  This machine with 3.3 is
my radius server running Ascend radius, and down time is a very big issue.
I've just finished building a server with 4.7 and hoped to merge the
configuration using NFS.  And then change the IP's to let new server take over.

My concern with this is that, I can't find much information on this Ascend
radius which was setup by someone else several years ago.  And not sure if
just copying /usr/local/etc/raddb directory, /usr/local/sbin/builddbm and
radiusd.dbm, and passwd file would work.

Regardless, I'm gonna try it this weekend to see the result.

And if that doesn't work, I'll duplicate the hard drive into this new server
and then try to upgrade it as some suggested.