Date:      Tue, 7 Oct 2003 09:12:37 +1000
From:      "Andrew Kozak" <akozak@richardflanagan.com.au>
To:        "freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org" <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 4.9 ?

--------------Boundary-00=_15ZCQL80000000000000

 =0D
 hrmmmmzzzzzzzzz=0D
=0D
Perhaps I should use a more simple approach, as I feel I have been misquo=
ted
=0D
=0D
Obviously, I was referring to 4.9-STABLE, I actually run 4.8-STABLE, and
have read the handbook, including chapter 21, I was not after the differe=
nce
between -STABLE -CURRENT -RELEASE, I was actually referring to the link
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.9R/schedule.html which states that the
tree will 'unfreeze'  at the end of September. As we are now in October, =
and
I think the system is the greatest to be developed, I am curious to see i=
f 4
9 has been labelled (if that's the right word) as 4.9-STABLE, as I have r=
ead
that when a release (as in 4.8 / 4.9 not in -RELEASE) becomes -STABLE, th=
at
is the time top fire up cvsup and make/buildworld. As I had mentioned in =
my
earlier communication, I found some nice suprises when I upgraded from 4.=
7
to 4.8, (just happened to start on a 4.7 disc, then cvsup to 4.8), and am
looking forward to seeing what 4.9 might bring. So, I was wondering if
anybody knew anything about 4.9-STABLE. :)=0D
=0D
Regards=0D
Andrew Kozak=0D
=0D