Date:      Sat, 15 Jul 2000 19:17:22 +0700 (ALMST)
From:      Boris Popov <bp@butya.kz>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Coleman Kane <cokane@one.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DEVFS

On Sat, 15 Jul 2000, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> In message <20000715013940.A51575@cokane.yi.org>, Coleman Kane writes:
>
> >Who is currently working on the DEVFS? I emailed the last person
> >to commit to the HOWTO and got no response. I'd like to look into
> >finisheing this, and may start hacking if no one tells me otherwise...
>
> bp@ has a non-working prototype, (as has julian@).

	Poul, I've made a mistake sending you an out of sync and not
finished code.

> None of them fixes the root-mount kludges.

	True, it requires some changes to VFS synch code.

> None of them implement cloning devices.

	Again, wrong. If you disagree on what I've proposed it doesn't
mean that it didn't work. It is _necessary_ to fix make_dev()
usage/implementation to make cloning code clean.

--
Boris Popov
http://www.butya.kz/~bp/