Date:      Mon, 21 Sep 1998 16:29:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        gordon terry asselstine <gta@islandnet.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Walnut Creek CD-ROM

On Sun, 20 Sep 1998, gordon terry asselstine wrote:

>  Hello,
>         I have a Power Macintosh 7200/120 PC compatible and I am trying to
> run FreeBSD 2.2.1 and I keep having problems with the kernel config.

FreeBSD is not supported on the Macintosh platform.  Are you running this
under VirtualPC?

> I have created a boot disk and booted from it, and it loads until a
> part where it asks me whether I want to Skip kernel config or Use a
> Visual Config or a Professional config where you type it all out
> manually.  Does FreeBSD even work with a PC compatibility card? I can
> run DOS and Windows 95 on it.

I don't know about the PC Compatibility Card, it's pretty old hardware and
may not be a completely compatible environment.  I'd try VirtualPC, it's
been done there (with some version of VPC at least).

Doug White