Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 1995 16:29:41 -0700 (MST)
From:      Barnacle Wes <wes@intele.net>
To:        sokol@purch.ci.austin.tx.us (Dennis Sokol CNE)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freeBSD

> Just a simple question.  I installed freeBSD with no problem, but I am
> quite new to UNIX and want to know if you have any suggestions on good
> reading material for UNIX and BSD UNIX.

Anything by O'Reilly and Associates, with a blue spine.  This includes
_Essential System Administration_, _TCP/IP Network Administration_,
_Sendmail_, _Using Named and Bind_, and _Using NFS and NIS_.  (I hope
I got the titles right.)

Also, the Nemeth et al book on Unix System Administration is good.

A subscription to _Unix Review_ might be a good idea, especially if you
can get it for free.  Look for a colleague who has a free subscription
and get a subscription qualification card from him.

Browse the man pages and other on-line docs -- they may be dense, but
they are certainly authoritative.  ;^)

--
   Wes Peters	| Yes I am a pirate, two hundred years too late
    Softweyr 	| The cannons don't thunder, there's nothing to plunder