Date:      Tue, 23 Dec 2008 16:51:59 +0100
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Dag-Erling_Sm=C3=B8rgrav?= <des@des.no>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <alfred@freebsd.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP usb2 (usb4bsd) to become default in 2 weeks.

Alfred Perlstein <alfred@freebsd.org> writes:
> Dag-Erling Sm=C3=B8rgrav <des@des.no> writes:
> > You know very well that there are, and you also know very well that
> > this is too big a change to go in without discussion.
> Perhaps you can list them for me [...]

There are serious issues with the permissions model, which were raised
in Strasbourg and AFAIK never addressed.

There are complaints from other developers (Warner, for one) that their
reviews were ignored.

> 3) I think you were mad about whitespace or something, but like this
>    case, you were not up for bringing specifics to the table.

That's untrue - I dropped the issue because I thought thompsa@ was
working on it, but he didn't touch the userland parts.  I have a
3,000-line diff for libusb20 which no longer applies due to intervening
changes.  Looking at the updated code, I'm still concerned about the
widespread use of obufscated pointer arithmetic - the LIBUSB20_ADD_BYTES
macro, for instance, is even worse now than when I last looked at
libusb20.

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=C3=B8rgrav - des@des.no