Date:      Mon, 2 Mar 2015 23:50:52 -0700
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        fengyd <fengyd81@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What does the error code 82 mean?

An overrun is exactly what the comment below indicates.  It is when the
target sends back more data than you asked for.  You will generally see it
on commands that receive data from a target.

How are you sending the INQUIRY command?  Are you sending it via the
pass(4) driver?  How many bytes are you asking for in the CDB?  How many
bytes are you setting in the dxfer_len field in the CCB?

What kind of device are you talking to?  Obviously, you're using the sym(4)
driver, so I'm guessing this is a parallel SCSI device (unless there is a
virtualization stack that emulates the sym(4) hardware).

Ken