Date:      Tue, 18 Nov 2003 08:02:07 +1300
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        Maarten Franssen <maarten@zoefff.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jboss 3.2 on freebsd doesnt boot

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 11:03:45AM +0100, Maarten Franssen wrote:
> hi Jonathan,
>
> With the daemon startup I got the same errors, so I started manually with
> the run.sh script to see what happens..
> the thing is on  my laptop which has a windows2k os, jBoss normally boots
> with JDK 1.3.1_09..so JDK's differ a bit what else is new :)

There have been some reports about slight incompatiblities with the jboss
binary (compiled with JDK1.4.2) on JDK1.3.1 systems. The only solution
proposed so far appears to be to compile the original JBoss code with
JDK 1.3.1 if you're planning to use it with JDK1.3.1...

I'll run a few tests to see whether that's feasible with the port.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
The human mind ordinarily operates at only ten percent of its capacity