Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 2003 20:33:49 +0800
From:      "David Xu" <davidxu@freebsd.org>
To:        "Daniel Eischen" <eischen@pcnet1.pcnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libpthread sigwait patch

----- Original Message -----=20
From: "Daniel Eischen" <eischen@pcnet1.pcnet.com>
To: "David Xu" <davidxu@freebsd.org>
Cc: <freebsd-threads@freebsd.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 8:08 PM

> On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, David Xu wrote:
>=20
> > Now, I am start to looking some signal code in libpthread,
> > here is my first signal patch to allow MySQL server 4.0.10=20
> > run on my machine happily.
>=20
> Yeah, that' what I was looking at (signal code).  We need
> a better way of setting up signals on running threads.
> Right now they're just added to the pending set, but
> thr_sched_switch() or the scheduler need to add them
> to the frame.
>=20

Yes,  I would like to let scheduler install a signal frame,=20
in scheduler,  it might not need to call THR_GETCONTEXT,
just use already existing context, and we might have chance to=20
direct push signal from kernel upcall to thread, I think pthread_sigmask
can do a context switch to let scheduler install a signal frame for it,
these are my random ideas... probably you already have some code for
these ? :-)