Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 1996 23:12:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        AJ Klein <aj_klein@csc-milw.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG, FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Partitions

On Tue, 29 Oct 1996, AJ Klein wrote:

> Hello.  I'm trying to install FreeBSD on a 64Mb partition on my computer.

That is not big enough.

>  When I got to the portion of the installation program that requires
> sub-partitions, the Auto feature told me it didn't have enough room to
> automatically create the sub partitions and I'd have to create these
> partitions myself.  What sub-partitions do I need?  I tried using the F1
> help screen for advice, but the installation program said it didn't have
> the help file.  (I used the boot4.flp.)  Please help.

You are on 2.1.0 as well, try upgrading to 2.1.5.

You really need to use a bigger partition; 64mb will get the binaries in
and nothing else, ie your own files or other programs.  Are you sure you
want to do that?

Questions like these should be addressed to questions@freebsd.org.