Date:      Sun, 18 Jan 1998 17:35:25 -0500
From:      Nanci Battistoni <nancib@mail2.nai.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pccard help please

Hi!

I've been trying to get pccard to recognize my Megahertx XJ2288 modem
card and I'm stumped. BTW, I have a Digital HiNote CT450 running -stable
as of 1-7-98. I have compiled /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/PCCARD kernel and
modified /etc/pccard.conf as per /etc/pccard.conf.sample. All this looks
quite straight forward. pccardd sees cards inserter and removed but I
can't "cu" to the modem. Also, pccardd does not seem to echo
pccard.conf  insert/remove messages.

Any guidance will be much appreciated!

Also, how does Tatsumi Hosakawa's PAO relate to the pccard included with
stable? Sould I use PAO instead of or in addition to pccard?

Thank you for the help.

Stan