Date:      14 Apr 99 12:34:11 NZST
From:      David Ferry <lamester@netscape.net>
To:        Paolo Di Francesco <paipai@tin.it>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Re: Finally a kernel discussion, yay!]

"Paolo Di Francesco" <paipai@tin.it> wrote:
> > =

> > > Oh, well... Let's discuss about kernel. 8)
> > > =

> > > Actually I don't know which is the best version to start experiment=
s =

> > > with... =

> > > =

> > > The 3.1 version could be a good candidate, but I have seen a 4.0 ve=
rsion

> > > in the -current tree...
> > > =

> > =

> > I'm not fussed. In fact I don't care. By the time we have this going =
it
won't
> > matter.
> > =

> =

> Ok. I'll buy the 3.1 CDRom, so I can start ... ;)
> =

Cool.
About the compiler....egcs must work, it is used in linux/ultrasparc.
The problem with second pahse building with gcc is that we require a
/usr/include that is specific for the 64bit ultra.
This defines stuff like the size of pointers (1 register) ie. 1 word size=
 ie
64 bits.

This is where the compiler is breaking, so if anyone out there has a
/usr/include (specifically stdio.h) for a 64bit machine, we can probably
complete building of a cross compiler.

lamester@netscape.net