Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 2010 11:22:17 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@tx.rr.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Irritating delay in mouse in kde4

I recently upgraded from FreeBSD 7.2 STABLE to 8.0 STABLE.  I also upgraded
from KDE3 to KDE4 and rebuilt all my ports.  Everything seems to work fine
except the mouse.  There is an irritating delay that I can't seem to get rid
of.  For example, if I mouse to the address line in Firefox and begin typing in
a url, nothing happens until I move the mouse.  Then, suddenly, what I typed
will appear in the address bar.

If I'm working in a shell, for example running portupgrade, nothing happens
until I move the mouse.  Then suddenly portupgrade will start working.

Has anyone seen this type of behavior?  Have any idea what the cause might be
or where to look to troubleshoot the issue?

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst