Date:      Fri, 05 Apr 2002 11:01:40 -0800
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>, mjacob@feral.com, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, gibbs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BUS_SPACE_MAXSIZE & isp driver.

> For ISA, this ends up being a 16M limit; I think the 2G limit
> on Alpha is because the limit is 32 bits, but there is some
> signed math that should be unsigned.

No, Terry, it has to do with the PCI bridge's translation mapping
hardware, and if we supported it (which we don't seem to) then the
problem would all just go away.

Please, give up with the guessing already. 8)

--
To announce that there must be no criticism of the president,
or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not