Date:      Thu, 7 May 1998 15:11:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Snob Art Genre <benedict@echonyc.com>
To:        Christopher Arnold <chris@bahnhof.se>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel Etherexpress PRO/100+ PCI

On Thu, 7 May 1998, Christopher Arnold wrote:

> how is it with support for Intel Etherexpress PRO/100+ PCI, in the current
> kernel? How is it with 2.2 kernels?

Excellent and excellent, respectively.

As I understand it, the PRO/100+ is just a PRO/100B, but fabricated
differently -- they figured out how to do it with one less chip.  But
the interface is the same.

I believe ftp.cdrom.com uses the PRO/100Bs.

> Shouldn't there really be an entry in the FAQ explaining support for
> diffrent intel ethernet cards?

Probably -- are you volunteering to write it?

 Ben

"You have your mind on computers, it seems."