Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2000 18:46:49 +0800
From:      "Boon Hoo" <theebh@magix.com.sg>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   How to install FreeBSD with Win98

Hi all,

I have read the FreeBSD Handbook and done some searching in the
mailing list archives, but I still could not find the solution to
my problem. Hope you guys could help me out here.

I plan to install FreeBSD on my PC. I have only a single IDE harddisk
(10GB in size) which is divided into 1 primary partition (C:) and
4 secondary partitions, all 2GB each. 4 of the partitions are used
for Win98, i.e. FAT32 and the last one is used for Linux. My plan
is to install FreeBSD over the last partition, thus overwriting
Linux. Is this possible? I read from the FAQ that the root partition
must reside in < 1024 cyls. PFDISK shows that logically, my HDD has
1232 cyls, but physically 1024 cyls - which is the correct one?

When i reach the fdisk screen during installation, it shows me only
these options:
	1. unused space (for mbr?)
	2. ad0s1  FAT
	3. ad0s2  Extended
	4. Unused space ("leftover" space from my linux installation
				-very little)

It seems that i can't access the individual logical partitions to select,
which was what i was able to do using disk druid(when i installed linux).
How should i proceed from here? Frankly speaking, if there's any
partitioning program like Disk Druid in FreeBSD to simplify installation for
newbies, it would be excellent.

Btw, is it possible to boot FreeBSD from diskette? Or does FBSDBOOT.exe
works the same way as loadlin for linux?

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan