Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:58:25 -0400
From:      Daniel Molina Wegener <dmw@unete.cl>
To:        Josh Paetzel <josh@tcbug.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: syslogd remote logging

Josh Paetzel escribió:
> I am trying to get syslogd configured to do remote logging to another
> box.  In my syslog.conf on the local machine I have:
>
> local0.*  @xx.xx.xx.xx
>
> In syslog.conf on the remote machine I have:
>
> local0.* /some/file.log
>
> and I have added the syslogd_flags="-a xx.xx.xx.xx/xx" to rc.conf on
> the remote machine and restarted syslogd.
>
> So far nothing is being logged to the remote machine.  Can anyone
> point out a step that I have missed?

Hello,

    In the machine that receives the syslogd messages, try specifiying
the message source:

+host		# host is the name of the machine that sends messages
local0.*	/some/file.log	# the message type and log file
+*		# resets the log source specification...

    The manual page syslog.conf(5) specifies this issue.

    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=syslog.conf&sektion=5

Regards.
Daniel Molina Wegener