Date:      Wed, 16 Jan 2013 07:36:36 +0100
From:      "Ralf Mardorf" <ralf.mardorf@rocketmail.com>
To:        "FreeBSD multi" <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Audio Wiki

As a FreeBSD newbie I'm stuck with getting sound working. I noticed some
mistakes in the Wiki, but won't edit it, since I'm a newbie and I might be
mistaken.

1. snd_hdspe is missing in https://wiki.freebsd.org/Sound
2. The Envy24 chip is ICE1712, not 1724
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=snd_envy24&manpath=FreeBSD+8-current

On my system there are two ICE1712 cards, TerraTec EWX 24/96, on Linux
used as jitter free MIDI devices and one RME HDSPe AIO, on Linux used as
audio and MIDI device.

As the first step I want to get RME audio working. I can start jackd with
oss and the two analog IOs are available, but I want to get the 8 ADAT IOs
available. Jack doesn't work with alsa and I don't know what to do.

Regards,
Ralf

--
FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE amd64