Date:      Fri, 3 Nov 1995 00:08:33 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        witr@rwwa.com (Robert Withrow)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pkg_add probs.

Robert Withrow stands accused of saying:

> Is someone working on the pkg_add problem in the SNAP?
> Seems like a show stopper...

Yes.  I'm waiting for the latest sync from Jordan; I know what the problem is,
and I have a fix for it.

With any luck I'll be able to turn it around tomorrow (if I don't get another
suprise training session sprung on me 8( )

> tar: can't open archive ./bash-1.14.5.tgz : No such file or directory

In the short term, a) make sure you're on a read/write filesystem with
enough free space for the install, and b) give pkg_add a full pathname to
the package.

> Robert Withrow, Tel: +1 617 598 4480, Fax: +1 617 598 4430 Net: witr@rwwa.COM

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[