Date:      Mon, 10 Jan 2011 15:44:31 +0100
From:      "Michael Ross" <michael.ross@gmx.net>
To:        "Nathan Whitehorn" <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-sysinstall@freebsd.org, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSDInstall ISO images

Am 09.01.2011, 21:12 Uhr, schrieb Nathan Whitehorn
<nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>:

> I think I've fixed all these problems (and the ones reported by Bruce
> Cran and Joel Dahl), as well as adding some anti-foot-shooting measures.
> Here's a new image, hopefully better:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~nwhitehorn/bsdinstall-i386-20110109.iso.bz2
> -Nathan

Much better. Took me ages to find a breaking point.

Still:
Create da0s1a /dummy, da0s1b /
Delete da0s1a
Install -> OK
Reboot into installer
Edit da0s1b mount point to /
Install -> OK
Reboot into installer
Edit da0s1b mount point to /
Install -> OK
Reboot into installer
Edit da0s1b mount point to /
Install -> "mount da0s1b: Operation not permitted"

It doesn't always take 3 runs for the error to occur, though.

On two occasions I managed to provoke "da0s1a: Input/Output error",
the partiton editor afterwards showing the partition, but an empty field
for its size.

I'll try to figure out a reliable way to reproduce these tonight.

Michael