Date:      Sun, 06 Feb 2005 13:07:54 -0500
From:      Tom Parquette <BCSFD204@twcny.rr.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   "Bus errors"

Hi.
I'm running 5.3-R with a custom kernel on a dual processor athlon.
I've recently started getting "Bus error" showing up as a reason for
various failures.  e.g. setiathome, make buildworld.
I've also gotten some panics (there are only about 5 messages that
didn't tell me anything and (sorry) I did not write them down.  I'm
waiting for that to happen again.
I've also seen some hangs where the screen saver (the blue rain one) hangs.
For the hangs and panics I've only been able to get out of them with the
hardware reset button.

I've done some searching on "bus error" but it does not seem to apply.
I only found entries talking about software interface problems.

I'm starting to wonder if I have a hardware problem with this machine
since it only seemed to start when I put a heavier load on it (e.g.
setiathome)  and the strange symptoms seem to be showing up in multiple
places.

Any input/insight would be welcome.
Thanks...