Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 1997 17:33:57 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@korin.warman.org.pl>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: zipfs filesystem anyone ?

On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> So I think my only choice is to try a merge of the "portal" and
> "nullfs" filesystem to build the thing I need. But maybe such
> implementations already exist, in some form or some other ?

As far as I understand it, the CryptoFS (cfs in ports) implements
something similar by using a modified NFS daemon.

I like the idea of a zipfs.

Andrzej Bialecki

abial@warman.org.pl  | if(halt_per_mth > 0) { fetch("http://www.freebsd.org") }
Research & Academic  | "Be open-minded, but don't let your brains to fall out."
Network in Poland    | All of the above (and more) is just my personal opinion.