Date:      Sun, 6 Jan 2002 23:33:50 -0500
From:      "Andrew C. Hornback" <achornback@worldnet.att.net>
To:        <sridharv@ufl.edu>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: X very slow

	Umm, something to take a look at there would be to open a terminal or
console window and run top.  When you start having a sluggish session, look
at the memory usage.  I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that you need more memory
in that machine.

	I tried to run Enlightenment and Gnome on my laptop (P133 with 32 Megs of
RAM), and it was EXTREMELY slow because of the memory usage.  You might also
want to check out a lighterweight window manager.  I prefer OLVWM for less
equipped machines.

--- Andy