Date:      Sun, 2 Aug 1998 08:05:32 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        Daniel Haischt <sirabyss@gmx.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HTML-Editors

Hi,

> Bevore I start, I would like to ask u whether there exists a great
> Editor or not.
>
> I know that there are some programs like LaTEX or nedit or something
> else, but what I need is an editor which I can use at work, means it
> should have some kinda group managing functions. I also need an editor
> which is highly configurable, including a tag library and all the stuff
> which is uncluded in Homesite.

First, LaTeX is NOT an editor, but a typesetting language.  A LaTeX file
CAN be made into html w/ the latex2html utility in the ports.

That said there are a couple of editors in the ports tree for HTML:

	asWedit - at 3.0, their website claims 4.0 is on its way, but ...
	ashe - also in the ports
	emacs (Xemacs) - not pure HTML editor, but does have extensions
		for programming in html - in the ports collection
	tkHTML - not in the ports, but it's just a tk app so w/ the
		correct version of tk it should run fine

Not sure any of these are what you're looking for but give them a look.

Brett
Brett Taylor            brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu
http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/

"The bicycle is the most civilized conveyance known to man. Other forms of
transport grow daily more nightmarish.  Only the bicycle remains pure in
heart."                 - Iris Murdoch, "The Red and the Green"